Hi,

it works now. :-)
The reconnect function of Tomcat 4.1.29 works, when there is really no
jdbc-connection from tomcat to the database.
Therefore we changed the timeout settings in the firewall that the 'connction'
timeout has the same value as the 'absolute' timeout an the 'half-close'
timeout was modified to 0 seconds.
After this changes the JDBCRealm became able to check if there is a
jdbc-connection available or not and can try to reconnect.

--
Holger de Wall
LKV-SH, Steenbeker Weg 151, Kiel 24106