On 11/21/2003 09:57 PM Hart, Justin wrote:
-----Original Message----- On 11/21/2003 09:11 PM Hart, Justin wrote:

I think that what we BOTH need to do in this case is create a
subclass of whatever realm we are using, and using this subclass
provide our specific functionality, in my case authenticating to a
database, in yours logging.

You and Gary related?

Doubt it - I'm a Brit and Gary seems to be American. We might not be Smiths, but Hardys are not that rare.

Yeah, I use getRemoteUser() elsewhere, but have already started my
multi-tiered authentication implementation by subclassing JNDIRealm,
seems to work well enough :-)

Guess I completely misunderstood what you are talking about. Thought you were using CMS.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9