The first thing you will want to consider is do you really need to use JSP tags.  If
you read my little article on performance, you'll see jsp tags reduces performance.
The newest jasper in tomcat5 has a plugin feature, which allows you to convert jsp
tags to pure java code.

You're going to have to be more specific about what type of app it is, whether it is
going to a database, is connection pooling used, what type of process it handles and
so on.  The projects that I've worked on using jsp tags chose it for rapid development
reasons and we accepted that at the beginning.  When you say it doesn't respond very
well, it doesn't give enough detail for others to assist you.

there have been quite a few threads lately on performance, so I recommend reading
those messages to see if that helps.

peter

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi to all, I have two questions. We have Tomcat as server for a struts web
application.

- We need do stats for that web application, stats like what pages user
enter, who user enter more to the application, performance stats ... I have
seen that one choice is do a manual filter, other choice use awstats. I
would appreciate information about that of someone that have experiencia on
stats, and he can help me to choose the best choice on time and effort.

- The second question is about performance, here we have tomcat and when
most user enter to the application the server don't reply very well. I have
read that is better have APACHE as web server and TOMCAT as server
container, is that true? would I improve the performance? or the solution
is customize tomcat better?.

THANKS IN ADVANCE. REGARDS.