Thanks to all who responded to my OutOfMemoryError post.  Among other
things, it was suggested that I look at the "reloadable" attribute for
the context definition.

We define a DefaultContext in server.xml, with the "reloadable"
attribute explicitly set to false.  We also have, for each application,
a separate context definition file, for which the "reloadable"
attribute is explicitly set to true.

I'm a little confused about these two work together.  We have a JNDI
resource set up in the DefaultContext for e-mail (see the
"mail/Session" example in the JNDI Resources HOWTO) that is actually
called "mail/Session", with the "mail.smtp.host" parameter set to
"localhost".  In the application-specific context, this same resource
is defined by the same name, but with "mail.smtp.host" set to a
different value.  The application always uses the value defined in the
DefaultContext.  Is this because the same name is being used, and once
something is defined in the DefaultContext, it cannot be overridden by
an app-specific Context?

Going back to the "reloadable" attribute, is each context that sets
this  overriding the value in DefaultContext?

Thanks,
Dhruva