I just noticed this errors in the following files under tomcat log
directory:

catalina_log.2003-12-03.txt

2003-12-03 09:59:06 CoyoteAdapter An exception or error occurred in the
container during the request processing
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:478)
        at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:394)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAut
henticator.java:263)

localhost_log.2003-11-26.txt
2003-12-03 09:58:53 StandardManager[/webdav]: Seeding of random number
generator has been completed
2003-12-03 09:58:53 StandardManager[/webdav] IOException while loading
persisted sessions: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.ja
va:2150)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStre
am.java:2619)

Any help would be appreciated
thanks,

James