From: Walter do Valle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 9:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat does not die

Hello all

I have a Tomcat 4.1 instaled in a Red Hat Linux 7.3 server. My JDK is
JDK 1.3.0 from IBM. My Tomcat was instaled from a RPM package downloaded
from jakarta project homepage. When it was installed, rpm created a file
called tomcat4 in /etc/init.d. I use this script to start and stop my
Tomcat.  I have chosen that JDK because RPM package waits for JDK 1.3.0
from IBM. All works well. "tomcat4 start" starts Tomcat, "tomcat4 stop"
stops Tomcat. But in some moments Tomcat stops responding (hang) then I
try use the command "tomcat4 stop" to stop it but it does not work.
Tomcat stops to listen his 8080 port but the processes (threads) stay
still running (ps -ef). What can I do to solve this problem? Update
Tomcat? Update JDK?

Any help is welcome