US SSA said:
> Rod,
>
> I am sorry, but I am not 100% following you...
>
> Yes, you are right. I have the following situation:
>
> I am trying url: localhost/xxxWEB/

I think it would work if you set the welcome-file element to send the user
by default to localhost/xxxWEB/login.html (or index.html or whatever)
where the login form could reside.  The welcome.jsp page should not be a
default page if it is protected, or it will be served before the user is
authenticated.  Since login.html or whatnot is not a jsp page, it won't be
protected by a security-constraint such as /*.jsp, and it will be able to
be accessed.