Thanks..one last question..does this means if compression is turned on in the
server.xml and web.xml, compression is attempted twice?? If so, which one should be
enabled and whcih one should be disabled?

"Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Howdy,
There is a compression filter that ships with tomcat as an example, and
that's what you enabled. The Coyote connector also supports compression
as the documentation indicates, it's just that compression is not
enabled by default so you don't see it in server.xml.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

file.
>However, it still did not add anything to the Coyotte connector. Is the
>doco wrong(i.e. should the compression attribute be included in the
Coyotte
>connector tag)?
>
>Also, (as stated earlier in an earlier email) there are other
attributes
>associated with compression? Which file should they be included in -
>server.xml or web.xml???
>
>Jacob Kjome wrote:
>
>You should verify information with the official Tomcat docs before
posting
>questions here.
>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/host.html
>
>If you don't find the answers in Tomcat's own docs, then don't hesitate
>ask further questions.
>
>Jake
>
>At 07:39 AM 11/30/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>>Thanks!
>>
>>I was reading the Wrox's "Professional Tomcat" book and it states that
>>Tomcat's web servers does not support Virtual Hosts. Does it now
support
>>Virtual Hosts?
>>
>>Jacob Kjome wrote:
>>
>>The Coyote connector supports this already. No need to write a servlet
>>filter. Look in server.xml or the tomcat docs for details.
>>
>>Jake

>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >You can write a ServletFilter, and a HttpServletResponse wrapper to
>> >achieve the same results.
>> >
>> >Look into java.util.zip.*
>> >
>> >-- I never said it was easy ;-)
>> >
>> >Antonio Fiol

may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This
saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an)
and notify the sender. Thank you.