Hello!

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I did not find anything usefull in the archive.

I am using Tomcat 5 and have configured an SMTP session ressource for my application as described in the JNDI Ressource HowTo. Since I need to authenticate to my SMTP server, I have added parameters mail.smtp.auth, mail.smtp.user and mail.smtp.password to the definition in server.xml.
When I try to send mail from my web application using the example code provieded in above howto, I always get an AuthenticationFailed Exception. Is there anything I am not quite getting here?
If needed, I can, of course, provide a complete server.xml or other files.

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

Philipp Taprogge

--
"I love deadlines, I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"
- Douglas Adams