From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 6:47 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: LifecycleException

Howdy,
This exception happens because server is trying to remove a child
element of a container (in this case a StandardContext called TEMPLATE)
that has not been started.  Chances are there are errors earlier in the
log telling you that context could not be started for some reason -- fix
that reason and this will go away.  As for what a LifecycleException is:
see the catalina javadocs at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/catalina/docs/api/index.
html.  Feel free to write a better document and contribute it ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Offer