Howdy,

>I was mistaken--the increase is actually about 1-2KB/s.  I arrive at
>this by "eyeballing" the graph (which is updated once a second).  Still
>seems rather high, though.

Eyeballing is not exactly a precise measure.  If there's any way to come
up with an accurate measurement, e.g. by adding a little program that
calls Runtime.freeMemory() every second or whatever, that'd be good.

>I'm not sure I understand your question, Yoav.  When I say
>steady-state, I mean that Tomcat is running, all applications have
>initialized and no requests are being sent.

My question is simple: you say memory usage is rising.  There's no way
memory usage is rising if the CPU is idle.  What's using the CPU?

Yoav Shapira