On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 03:52:39PM -0200, L.Karam wrote:
> I have Tomcat 4.1.24 + IIS 5 + JK2. After Tomcat had been running for about
> 22 hours, Tomcat stop responding to HTTP request. Even when I type
> http://localhost:8080/, it is not responding. The only log error is in
> stderr log file:
>
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull
> SEVERE: All threads are busy, waiting. Please increase maxThreads or check
> the servlet status75 75
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Leandro Karam

Tomcat, like java relys on the underlying operating system for it's thread pool.  My
general rule is if an application is thread related, I run it under *nix, with apache.
 Using apache 2, you have many more threading options than IIS ever gives you.

While it is possible your problem exists solely in the java application, I would bet
it more likely stems from the interaction between IIS, Tomcat, and Windows.  Somehow
your JVM isn't getting enough threads from the OS.

Randy