On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Endre Stølsvik wrote:

| How do I shut down my Tomcat 3.3 when I have set the ajp12 port to
| something else thatn 8007? I supply -f configfile, but it doesn't seem to
| do anything about it.

Ok, found it!

I think there might be some inconsistency when it comes to the
"tomcat.home".

The org.apache.tomcat.startup.StopTomcat looks for a file called
"ajp12.id" in the tomcat home dir. This is where it stores the portnumber,
and apparently also "the secret" and the address that tomcat is supposed
to have bound to. It expects this to be the tomcat "root", the proper
tomcat home. But org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main seems to expect the
tomcat.home to be set to the install dir. If not, the URLClassLoader won't
find Tomcat:
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat

So it works when I supply my tomcat install dir as the -Dtomcat.home for
the startup.Main, and the dir where ajp12.id ends up as the -Dtomcat.home
for the StopTomcat.

..or am I doing something else wrong?

(I wondering though why one couldn't read the config file again, which
seems a bit more robust..)

--
Mvh,
Endre