If it is just standard authentification,

I think you have 2 choices:

1) Integrate Tomcat with Apache and set up Apache to
handle this (don't know how to do this)
2) Create an authentification object and keep
authentification state in it. Check for it on the pages
you want... You could keep usernames and p/w in a
filem or a DB and authenticate against the list when
loging in.

Is that what you had in mind?

>Hello !!!!
>
> I have the same problem than you, in configuring
Tomcat. I want to >protect some pages with
>Login & password ... if someone have an solving for
this, please forward >it !!!