jose wrote:

Hi,

I'm getting the following error log trying to install my webapp in tomcat 5.0.16. When I remove the security constraints section
in web.xml the app install and runs ok, but when I restore de security section in web.xml I can't install the app.
I have tested this issue on Tomcat 5.0.16 in windows and linux and on Tomcat 4.1.29.
In my server.xml I'm using JDBCRealm auth method at Engine level. It's working fine with, for example, tomcat manager app and
for others apps I'm running. The app uses jakarta struts 1.1 and some other taglibs (like request, dbtime and session)....

You need something like: <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>

in you login-config. The error could be a *lot* better (we should check for null, basically).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat