Can you try with mod_jk 1.2.5?  I really don't know mod_jk2 that well to
know if/how it sends the SSL attributes.

"Federico Fernandez Cruz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sure! This is getting personal... ;-) Apache and Tomcat will not be my
> friends anymore! :-D
>
> Well, I'll try to be a little exhaustive just because sometimes I miss
> something that is the real point of the question.
>
> Let's go.
>
> My target is an Apache + Tomcat  integration using JK2.
>
> Software!
>     Redhat 9.0
>     Apache 2.0.47 with modssl.
>     Tomcat 5.0.16.
>     JK2 2.0.2
>

> This is what I have done:
>
>     1. Install apache properly. Configuration is in /etc/httpd
>     2. Install tomcat properly. /opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16
>     3. Compile JK2 2.0.2 from jakarta-connectors because there is a bug
> in the sources of tomcat that avoid recursivity in mappings like
> /your_webapp/*
>     4. Configuration.
>

> In httpd.conf I have added these lines:
> #******************************
> LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
> #******************************
>
> My workers2.properties looks like this (/etc/httpd/workers2.properties)
>
> [logger]
> level=DEBUG
>
> [config:]
> file=/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
> debug=1
> debugEnv=1
>
> [uriMap:]
> info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
> debug=1
>
> # Alternate file logger
> [logger.file:0]
> level=DEBUG
> file=/var/log/httpd/jk2.log
>
> [shm:]
> info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
> multiprocess servers
> file=/var/run/jk2.shm
> size=1000000
> debug=0
> disabled=0
>
> [workerEnv:]
> info=Global server options
> timing=1
> debug=1
> # Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
> # can be overriden to a file logger, useful
> # when tracing win32 related issues
> logger=logger.file:0
>
> [channel.socket:127.0.0.1:8009]
> info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
> debug=1
> tomcatId=127.0.0.1:8009
>
> [ajp13:127.0.0.1:8009]
> channel=channel.socket:127.0.0.1:8009
>
> [status:status]
> info=Status worker, displays runtime informations
>
> [vm:]
> info=Parameters used to load a JVM in the server process
> #JVM=C:\jdk\jre\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll

OPT=-Djava.class.path=${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/tomcat-jni.jar;${TOMCAT_HOME}/serve
r/lib/commons-logging.jar

#***************************************************************************
**********

#***************************************************************************
*******************

#***************************************************************************
*******************

#***************************************************************************
*******************

#***************************************************************************
*******************

#***************************************************************************
*******************

#***************************************************************************
*******************

> I am using client authentication and everything goes fine. SSL
> connection is OK and the server ask the web browser for a client
> certificate. And my application is displayed properly! I am happy up to
> this moment but...
>
> What about asking for SSL parameters from my webapp?
>
> I am doing something like this inside a JSP file:
>
> String cipher =
(String)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite");

> Integer keysize =
(Integer)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.key_size");

> X509Certificate [] certs = (X509Certificate
[])request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");

> String sessionId =
(String)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.ssl_session");

> X509Certificate [] certs = (X509Certificate
[])request.getAttribute("org.apache.coyote.request.X509Certificate");