Howdy,

>I don't think this is possible, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. :)
>
>I'd like to get ahold of a servlet reference from within a filter.  Is
>there a way?

Your intuition is right in this case -- the above is impossible (using
only the Servlet APIs -- it IS possible [though not trivial] using
server-specific code, but you don't want to do that).  Tim's multiple
filter definition suggestion is one way to accomplish what you want.

>I have a filter that creates objects and places them within the request
>scope, but it does it differently for each end-result servlet.  I'd
like
>the filter to look at the URI, determine the servlet, and grab the
>servlet.  Then, it can either grab its init-params or just call a
>special method to get the data it needs.

But if the requests have different URIs, wouldn't that be enough to
determine what to put into the request in your filter?  Or do you
actually need the Servlet class reference to call methods on it?

Another interesting idea is to use ServletContext.getResource on the
request URI -- that would return the URL that will serve the request,
i.e. the URL to your servlet.  Would that be helpful?

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.