I already send some more code, and if it helps the (FIN,ACK) comes from tomcat and my app responds with a (ACK) imediatelly, then the connection is closed. but it takes aproximatly 30 seconds till the (FIN,ACK) is send after all data has been send.
So it looks like this:

... connection established ...
APP: request > :TOMCAT
APP: < data    :TOMCAT
... 30 sec. ...
APP: < FIN,ACK :TOMCAT
APP: FIN >     :TOMCAT
... connection closed

Philipp Taprogge wrote:
Hi!

Sebastian Klenk wrote:

actually i thought that tomcat was supposed to close the connection after all data has been send - if not this explains a lot!

It does, but TCP handshakes are no one-way street.
I can only do wild guesses from here, but what I think is happening is this: after tomcat sends the last chunk of data, your application does not release it's hold on the connection, just like as it wants to send more data toward tomcat. After not doing so for a given time (60 seconds) tomcats assumes that the client on the other side has died and reaps the connection.
In your code, what is "Receiver"? Where do you get it from?

Phil