At 01:13 PM 12/23/2003 -0800, Liem Do wrote:
>Try adding a worker definition to the workers2.properties like below. Your
>jsp-examples uri mapping specifies a worker but there's none defined in the
>file.
>
># define the worker
>[ajp13:localhost:8009]
>channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
>
>Hope that helps.
>LD

Thanks, but even with this workers2.properties file:

  [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
  info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
  tomcatId=localhost:8009

  [uri:/jsp-examples/*]
  info=Map the whole webapp
  worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

  [ajp13:localhost:8009]
  channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

"http://servername/jsp-examples"; doesn't work.

Again, the Tomcat documentation at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/index.html >
     http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html >
        http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/confighowto.html

clearly describes a working "Minimum Configuration" workers2.properties file:

  # Define the communication channel
  [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
  info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
  tomcatId=localhost:8009

  # Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
  [uri:/jsp-examples/*]       # the actual URI is "/examples/*" which doesn't exist
  info=Map the whole webapp

that purportedly works, but I just get 500 errors.  Sorry to be taking up
list bandwidth for what's probably just my own denseness.