Why not move to the more "traditional" way and deploy
your application as a .war and not as an expanded
directory with classes and jsp's in it.

In your ant build script (assuming you are using ant),
you can build your .war which also includes
precompiling your JSP's with jasper.

Then use the tomcat ant tasks to just reload the
application. You'll be sure that the latest compiled
version of the jsp is running. Also, that delay when
you first access a jsp (waiting for it to be compiled
on the fly) will be gone.

If it is absolutely required than the application must
ALWAYS be available, then this is probably not an
option, but the reload takes a few seconds.