From: Philipp Taprogge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 6:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: StringBuffer Factory?

Hi!

I was just working on a little project of mine when a thought sprang
to my mind...
In my servlets I often have to assemble Strings like SQL statements
and the like. I use StringBuffers for this as they offer much better
performance than concat. Now I was wondering: would it make any sense
at all to get my StringBuffers from a pool by using JNDI instead of
having each servlet create new ones? I am not sure of the runtime cost
involved in JNDI lookups. Any thoughts?

        Phil