Howdy,

I am developing a web app using win2k pro + Tomcat

In a servlet , the following code works ( file /script/utility.js can be get by IE)

        sb.append ("<html>\n");
        sb.append ("<head>\n");
        sb.append ( getContentTypeMeta(_req) );
        sb.append ("<script language=javascript1.2
src=\"/script/utility.js\"></script>\n");

       ^
but when the preceding slash is deleted,  IE can not get the js fileï

        sb.append ("<html>\n");
        sb.append ("<head>\n");
        sb.append ( getContentTypeMeta(_req) );
        sb.append ("<script language=javascript1.2
src=\"script/utility.js\"></script>\n");

        ^ no / here

BTW, both are OK under TC 4.0.1.
Because  the web app will be deployed in another servlet container which only
recognize the first format ,  I want to using the  format  with preceding "/ " , how
should I do ?
( better not to use 4.0.1 :)

TIA