The ssl-howto has instructions for generating a self-signed Server-cert.
You can't use a self-signed client-cert (Ok, I'm lying, but it's for your
own good:  You can with PureTLS, but for your own good, I'm going to make
you look it up yourself :).  The client-cert needs to be signed by someone
in your TrustStore.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]