Hey:

After playing with it for some time, I found the following VERY useful
(http://www.gregoire.org/howto/Apache2_Jk2_TC4.1.x_JSDK1.4.x.html).  It's
probably a run of the mill solution, but I'm not complaining for development
perposes.  I followed these directions and am using Tomcat throug socks, not
JNI. That means tomcat needs to be running, and your workers2.properties
would look something like this:

=====

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
file=c:/Apache2/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers
file=c:/apache2/logs/jk2.shm
size=1048576
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
context=/jsp-examples
debug=0

[uri:/admin/*]
context=/admin
debug=0

[uri:/manager/*]
context=/manager
debug=0

====

Every thing else should work just as their directions state.  I'm using
Tomcat5 and Apache2 on XP.  If I try to do the JNI method, I run into hords
of Java errors that are very discouraging and don't speak for managability
of Java: sorry, I'm a little jaded on java right this moment.  Maybe when I
start programming my oppinion will change.

Shawn Zernik
Internetwork Consulting
www.internetworkconsulting.net