i following the instructions with jsvc included with
tomcat, but when i run the Tomcat.sh script i get the
following in my $CATALINA_HOME\logs\catalina.out

Can't load server.xml
Can't load server.xml
Jan 2, 2004 12:14:04 AM
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 0 ms

any ideas?

thanks,

james

You need to use jsvc to do this. The source ships in the
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/jsvc.tar.gz file. You need to unpack it
and build it for
your system. The documentation is at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/jsvc.html.

"Nicolas " <nl@(protected) > wrote in message
> hi
>
> i read that in Tomcat 5 it 's possible running the
catalina on port 80 as
> a non-root user.
> like in apache httpd where you can set the user an group
in the
httpd.conf.