Merrill,

Your question is off-topic, I'm sure someone will suggest the proper forum.

I haven't made use of PrintService yet, but it looks like you should be able to
select the desired network printer using PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices()

In case you don't have it already:
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/jps/spec/printing.fm.html#996958>

Robert

Merrill Cornish wrote:

I apologize for the off-topic question, but can someone point me to where I can find out how to print to a remote printer on the LAN from Java.
While Java seems to have many "printing" classes, none of them appear to actually reference a physical printer. While that's obviously in keeping with the hardware-independent nature of Java, sometimes an application needs to route output to a specific location on the net. But how?

Merrill