I am unknowledgable to the Servlet 2.3 specification, so I would like
pointers to using Tomcat with "Filter"s.  If it is as simple as go read
the spec, then just ignore this.

Currently, my Web Application Architecture has JSP pages which the first
thing they do is call a helper class to pre-handle the request and setup
request attributes for it to use.  I am guessing this would be a perfect
use for a "Filter".  So I was wondering how to get a Filter working with
Tomcat.

thank you

fernando