From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 5:39 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Why can't we store big objects in session?

You can, but in the most cases you shouldn't.

It is not recommended because you may consume much
memory this way. Per default a session times out
after 30 minutes of in activity.

If the everage session lasts 35 minutes and you get 2
new sessions per Minute you have already 70 concurrent
sessions. The faster you get new sessions and the
longer the sessions will last, the more memory you need.