Server Config:
Win2k
Tomcat 3.2.1 port 8080
IIS 5.0 port 80

Browsers:
Internet Explorer 5.0 (MS VM build 3240)
Netscape Communicator 4.74

I have an applet communicating(POST) with servlet.

Without IIS, when using URLConnection Explorer will work but Netscape will hang
the browser. Using Sockets will work on both Explorer and Netscape. I think
using URLConnection with the event thread is the culprit because my polling
thread works fine on Netscape.

Anyway, when I used IIS I started to get more problems. The normal servlets
outputting HTML work fine. But the servlet which receives the POST from the
applet has problems trying to get the InputStream. Checking the getContentLength
of the request returns -1. It looks like IIS isn't sending the POST data to
Tomcat. This was with URLConnection. Using Socket will not even cause the
servlet to be called.

Any ideas?

cheers,
Peter