Howdy,
Look at your logs for errors, including OutOfMemoryErrors.  Determine
what is the maximum expected load your application needs to handle, and
then determine the memory your application requires in order to handle
that load with acceptable response times.  Create test scripts to stress
test your application up to the maximum expected load.  Profile and tune
your application and your server until you can handle the load in a
satisfactory manner.

If this seems like a generic answer, that's because it is, as is your
question.  This has been discussed many many times on this list in the
past: you can search the archives for more details.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.