From: Jason Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 12:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IIS + Tomcat 5.0 + NT authentication AUTH_USER

Hi,

I'm using
  Tomcat 5.0.16
  connector-jk-2.0.2-win32-iis
  IIS 5.0

Currently my application is running under IIS + ColdFusion(Jrun), but will be
migrating to a IIS/Tomcat server.  Since this is an intranet application on an NT
network, where it is a requirement to have the users not have to implicitly logon, I
am using NT authentication with IIS.  In other words, for the virtual directory, I
have set the Anonomous access off, and Integrated Windows Authenticated on.

In the IIS + ColdFusion setup, my servlet does a
request.getHeader("AUTH_USER"); and this returns the domain/userid of the person
logged into the client machine.  Then I can verify the user is allowed to use the
application.  All is well.

However, in the IIS + Tomcat setup,
getHeader("AUTH_USER") is returning null.  I have
tried other header keys and get null also.

Also, I am sure IIS is authenticating the user, since
I cannot get to the application using a browser that
doesn't support the windows authentication.

So, it appears, for some reason, the connector is not
setting the AUTH_USER header when it transfers to the
Tomcat container.

Does anyone know how I can fix this so it does, or if
there is anything I might be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Jason