Seems like a simple question, can't seem to find the answer...

If an error occurs in the #contextInitialized() method of an object that implements ServletContextListener, how can I suspend the web application so that it is unavailable for use by clients?

Specifically, I have a ServletContextListener that needs to be run at application startup. If any one of many errors occur, I want to notify the appropriate people (this I can do) and make the entire webapp unavailable (this I can't figure out).

Any help is appreciated. I have a feeling this is obvious and I'm just missing something.

Cheers,
justin

Justin Ruthenbeck
Software Engineer, NextEngine Inc.