The servlet container has not to be part of the batch job.
It's enough if there is a servlet container outside of the
job that can be reached from the job.

To talk to tomcat you can use HttpClient from the
jakarta project.

The only other option that I see is to look for a small
footprint servlet container, that has enough features to
perform your task.