"PS - My preferred way of dealing with Solaris installs
has been to get gcc up and running, and then build
everything else from source.  This can be a pain on a
slow box . . . building the latest version of gcc and
perl take a while.  However, in the end I think the
effort is worth it.
Check to see if there is a directory under
$JAVA_HOME/include.  If so, you'll have to add that to
the configure command in the same fashion that I added"

The supporting software, gcc, make, autoconf,etc are pkgadds but all of
mod_jk2 and supporting software such as apr, apr-util, apache, tomcat, etc
are all from source.

thanks,
-Mark