Hello all!

I wish to disable chunked encoding (when not sending the content length) and already
tried to do so
by using the allowChunking="false" parameter:

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443" allowChunking="false"
               useURIValidationHack="false" />

This however resulted only that the http header now also included Connection: close....
at the end of the http 1.1 response header.

The strange thing however is that if I send an mp3 file it does not do chunked
encoding, as I wish.
But when I send ogg files I did not succeed disabling chunked encoding.

Can this have something to do that the .getMimeType method in
javax.servlet.ServletContext does
not know the ogg mimetype?
I tried fixing this like this:

String mimetype = application.getMimeType(file.getName());
if (file.getName().toLowerCase().endsWith(".ogg")) mimetype = "application/x-ogg";

response.setContentType(mimetype);

My aim:
- streaming audio files with unknown file length to winamp in ogg format.
  (I guess winamp does not support chunked encoding)

My questions:
- how to disable chunked encoding even when there is no content length?

- why does tomcat not use chunked encoding when sending mp3 files (and no content
length is set)
  and why does'nt it for ogg?

I use Apache Tomcat/4.1.12 with Java 1.4.1_02-b06.

Thanx in Advance,
Lukas Österreicher