> What is a session?  There is a Session Class in J2SDKEE. Is
> that the same
> as sessions in servlet ?
>

> As I understand, a session is just a vanilla object that lies around
> for awhile. When a request with the session object's ID arrives, the
> servlet finds the corresponding session object and proceeds from
> there.  But who does the management of the session objects?
> Who creates
> them, etc?

While Tomcat is a servlet engine and webserver this is not really the
place for these questions.  I would have to recommend getting a GOOD
servlets book(for example, the Oreilly one, I believe the just released
a new edition not long ago).  While this is an arena for open discussion
we should all also do our own share of personal research on the subject.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!