Have you tried using JavaScript. The window.location =
http://localhost:8080/app2 may work.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerald Powel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 4:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RTFM

Hi,

            Now I have your attention, will someone tell me if it is
possible to forward control (either by JSP or Servlet) from one context
to another, in the same browser window? i.e:

forward from http://locahost:8080/app1/...

to http://locahost:8080/app2/... in the same window (IE).

It is either so glaringly obvious that no one deems an answer worthwhile
(RTFM), or so really really difficult, and no one knows how do this.
Surely not. Either way I need to know.

A yes or no will suffice, is it possible? If it is, any further
direction after that is of course appreciated!

Gerald.

P.S I am using Apache Tomcat 4.0.6, and have found no doco on this