Should be something like this to remove expired certs
keytool -delete -alias verisignclass2ca -keystore -cacerts -storepass changeit
keytool -delete -alias verisignclass3ca -keystore -cacerts -storepass changeit
keytool -delete -alias verisignclass4ca -keystore -cacerts -storepass changeit

Verisign appear to recommend that you remove the class1 cert too.
keytool -delete -alias verisignclass1ca -keystore -cacerts -storepass changeit

Download new certs to {JAVA_HOME}\jre\lib\security directory from
http://www.verisign.com/support/roots.html

Extract PCA1ss_v4.509,PCA2ss_v4.509,PCA3ss_v4.509 to the same directory
Then import them using
keytool -import -alias verisignclass1ca -keystore -cacerts -storepass changeit
-file PCA1ss_v4.509
keytool -import -alias verisignclass2ca -keystore -cacerts -storepass changeit
-file PCA2ss_v4.509
keytool -import -alias verisignclass3ca -keystore -cacerts -storepass changeit
-file PCA3ss_v4.509

Verisgn also recommend importing the G2 and G3 certs.
Extract releveant files from zip. Use import as above, remembering to give each
cert a unique (sensible) alias.

There is also at least on other thread on tomcat-user about this. Might be worth
a look in the archives.

Mark