Hi all.

I know this Tomcat ML, but some messages that cropped up during last day, gave me hope
you guys could give me the right direction. Besides, some of you are on JBoss team
(Remy)...

JBoss 3.2.3
Java SDK 1.3.0-1 Compaq
Tru64 UNIX 4.0D
DEC AlphaStation 200 128 MB RAM

When I try to run JBoss, it fails with:

12:06:49,683 DEBUG [MainDeployer] Watching new file:
file:/usr/users/root/work/jboss/jboss-3.2.3/server/tomcat5/conf/jboss-service.xml
12:06:49,714 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deloyment:
file:/usr/users/root/work/jboss/jboss-3.2.3/server/tomcat5/conf/jboss-service.xml
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org/jboss/deployment/SubDeployerSupport.accepts
at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.findDeployer(MainDeployer.java, Compiled Code)

When I zip the whole JBoss and carry it over to my PC, Window NT, JDK 1.4.0 it works
like a charm.

I suspect there is some package missing. Right now, I cannot see JAAS, which bugged
one poster here. Is there anything else you could think of?

Thank you for your time. I apologize again for OT posting, but JBoss forum ain't the
quickest. And just for the record, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, for
me to change JDK version on Tru64 UNIX, since it too must be upgraded and we are way
behind schedule on upgrades (not my fault, I would gladly hang those responsible).

Nix.