Thanks for the answer.

Bill Barker wrote:

"Alain Baucant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello,

my goal:
to use httpS with CLIENT and server authentication to connect to tomcat
and
be able to REDIRECT users who can't identify themselves (can't establish
the https connection) with their certificate.

If, for any reason (for example: no client certificate) the ssl
connection can't be established, how can I redirect the user to another
page.

You can't really do this without hacking the Tomcat code.  I've been meaning
to add a clientAuth="want" option to the Connector, but haven't gotten
around to it yet.

I already tried, without succes under httpS, the <error-page>...
declaration in the web.xml

The problem seems to be: tomcat doesn't see any error (nothing in the
server log file showing the user attempted to connect). And the server
doesn't reply to the browser.

On a https connection failure : is there any exception tomcat could
catch ? Or any other way to redirect the user ?

Thanks for your help, Alain Baucant.

*-----------------------------------------------------------------
*  Alain Baucant  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*-----------------------------------------------------------------