Using Tomcat 4.1.29 w/ apache 2.0.48 and mod_jk2.  Running on Solaris 8
(SPARC).  I've been using TCP sockets OK and would like to experiment
with Domain Sockets too.  But after setting things up I'm getting this
exception in my catalina.out when starting Tomcat:

INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initialize

The socket is not getting created, and obviously communication is down.
I've tried putting jkjni.so in apache's modules directory, and also in
Tomcat's server/lib/ directory (changing jk2.properties accordingly).
My jk2.properties and workers2.properties are below.  Do I simply have
libraries in the wrong place, or did I compile apache2 without a crucial
flag?

Thank you for any suggestions!

jk2.properties:

## THIS FILE MAY BE OVERRIDEN AT RUNTIME. MAKE SURE TOMCAT IS STOPED
## WHEN YOU EDIT THE FILE.

## COMMENTS WILL BE _LOST_

## DOCUMENTATION OF THE FORMAT IN JkMain
javadoc.

# Set the desired handler list
handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
# channelSocket.port=8019
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
# apr.jniModeSo=inprocess
apr.nativeSo=/usr/local/apache2/modules/jkjni.so
channelUnix.file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.socket
serverRoot=/usr/local/apache2

workers2.properties:

[logger]
level-debug

[config:]
File=/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[shm]
file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/shm.file
size=1048576

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0

# Create DOMAIN socket channel
[channel.un:unixsocket]
file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.socket
info=Ajp13 forwarding over UNIX Domain Socket
debug=0

# Define the worker
[ajp13:unixsocket]
channel=channel.un:unixsocket

[status:status]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

# Status page
[uri:/jkstatus/*]
worker=status:status

# Retail mappings below