Your worker name does not match the name in the generated mod_jk.conf.
That file wants the worker name to be "ajp13", whereas yours is named
"testWorker".

Change that and restart apache and see what happens.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1/23/04 12:00:40 PM >>>
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
The contents of the workers.properties are given
below, which i copied of the net.
worker.list=testWorker
worker.testWorker.port=8009
worker.testWorker.host=localhost
worker.testWorker.type=ajp13
The contents of mod_jk.conf are given below.

########## Auto generated on Fri Jan 23 12:20:23 EST
2004##########

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /opt/libexec/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile
"/home/tomcat4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/home/tomcat4.1/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel info

<VirtualHost localhost>
    ServerName localhost
    JkMount /webdav ajp13
    JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

    JkMount /examples ajp13
    JkMount /examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

    JkMount /manager ajp13
    JkMount /manager/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

--- Jeff Tulley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What are the contents of your auto-generated
> mod_jk.conf, and how do
> they match the web application you are trying to
> access?
> Also, it would be helpful to post the (relevant)
> contents of your
> workers.properties file.

> Hi,
> I am trying to integrate Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.0
>
> The apache logs shows that it has started with
> mod_jk
> and mod_ssl.However when i send a request for a
> webapplication it gives errors saying page not
> found.
> Apache log shows that it is trying to find the
> application under htdocs
> Following is the apache and tomcat configuration.
> Any help would be highly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
>
> //excerpt from the tomcat
>
> LoadModule jk_module          /opt/libexec/mod_jk.so
> AddModule mod_jk.c
> JkWorkersFile
> /home/tomcat4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties
> JkLogFile /home/tomcat4.1/logs/mod_jk.log
> JkLogLevel debug
>
> Include /home/tomcat4.1/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
> //---------------------------------Tomcat
> server.xml-----------------
>
> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
> <Listener

className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
>       modJk="opt/libexec/mod_jk.so" jkDebug="info"

workersConfig="/home/tomcat4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties"
>       jkLog="/home/tomcat4.1/logs/mod_jk.log"/>
>
>   <!-- Comment these entries out to disable JMX
> MBeans
> support -->
>   <!-- You may also configure custom components
> (e.g.
> Valves/Realms) by
>        including your own mbean-descriptor file(s),
> and setting the
>        "descriptors" attribute to point to a ';'
> seperated list of paths
>        (in the ClassLoader sense) of files to add to
> the default list.
>        e.g.

descriptors="/com/myfirm/mypackage/mbean-descriptor.xml"
>   -->
>   <Listener

className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
>             debug="0"/>
>   <Listener

className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"
>             debug="0"/>
>
>   <!-- Global JNDI resources -->
>   <GlobalNamingResources>
>
>     <!-- Test entry for demonstration purposes -->
>     <Environment name="simpleValue"
> type="java.lang.Integer" value="30"/>
>
>     <!-- Editable user database that can also be
> used
> by
>          UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->
>     <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
>
> type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
>        description="User database that can be
> updated
> and saved">
>     </Resource>
>     <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
>       <parameter>
>         <name>factory</name>

<value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
>       </parameter>
>       <parameter>
>         <name>pathname</name>
>         <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
>       </parameter>
>     </ResourceParams>
>
>   </GlobalNamingResources>
>
>   <!-- A "Service" is a collection of one or more
> "Connectors" that share
>        a single "Container" (and therefore the web
> applications visible
>        within that Container).  Normally, that
> Container is an "Engine",
>        but this is not required.
>
>        Note:  A "Service" is not itself a
> "Container",
> so you may not
>        define subcomponents such as "Valves" or
> "Loggers" at this level.
>    -->
>
>   <!-- Define the Tomcat Stand-Alone Service -->
>   <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
>
>     <!-- A "Connector" represents an endpoint by
> which
> requests are received
>          and responses are returned.  Each Connector
> passes requests on to the
>          associated "Container" (normally an Engine)
> for processing.
>
>          By default, a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector is
> established on port 8080.
>          You can also enable an SSL HTTP/1.1
> Connector
> on port 8443 by
>          following the instructions below and
> uncommenting the second Connector
>          entry.  SSL support requires the following
> steps (see the SSL Config
>          HOWTO in the Tomcat 4.0 documentation
> bundle
> for more detailed
>          instructions):
>          * Download and install JSSE 1.0.2 or later,
> and put the JAR files
>            into "$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext".
>          * Execute:
>              %JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias
> tomcat -keyalg RSA (Windows)
>              $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias
> tomcat -keyalg RSA  (Unix)
>            with a password value of "changeit" for
> both the certificate and
>            the keystore itself.
>
>          By default, DNS lookups are enabled when a
> web application calls
>          request.getRemoteHost().  This can have an
> adverse impact on
>          performance, so you can disable it by
> setting
> the
>          "enableLookups" attribute to "false".  When
> DNS lookups are disabled,
>          request.getRemoteHost() will return the
> String version of the
>          IP address of the remote client.
>     -->
>
>     <!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector
> on
> port 8080 -->
>     <Connector

className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
>                port="8080" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="true"
> redirectPort="8443"
>                acceptCount="100" debug="0"
> connectionTimeout="20000"
>                useURIValidationHack="false"
> disableUploadTimeout="true" />
>     <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set
> connectionTimeout value
>      to -1 -->
>
>     <!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on
> port 8443 -->
>     <!--
>     <Connector

className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
>                port="8443" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="true"
>            acceptCount="100" debug="0"
> scheme="https"
> secure="true"
>                useURIValidationHack="false"
> disableUploadTimeout="true">
>       <Factory

className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
>                clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
>     </Connector>
>     -->
>
>     <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on
> port

=== message truncated ===

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com