Hi all,

I know this is a little bit out of topic, but the general concept is useful for
everybody.

I run tomcat with security manager for a dozen users. Recently, people started to use
the hibernate 2 which requires some funky permissions.

I had to put these lines in the 'global' permission to make it work:

grant {

  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "accessDeclaredMembers";
  permission java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "defineCGLIBClassInJavaPackage";

}

Note: I DID test using a codebase like:

grant codeBase "file:/home//client/public_html/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate2.jar!/-" {

but the classes hibernate creates after reflection stop obeying the security manager.

Are there any security risks on a security setup with those 3 lines for all classes in
the JVM ?

Thanks
Renato.