you will see it, after this commandline:
rpm -ev apache-1.3.12-25 mod_ssl-2.6.6-25 mod_perl-1.24-4

> Also, I need to get an apache rpm uninstalled.
>
> rpm -e apache-1.3.12-25
> error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
>         apache = 1.3.12-25 is needed by  mod_ssl-2.6.6-25
>         webserver is needed by mod_perl-1.24-4
>
> Are these other packages needed by anything else?

the solution depends on the 'boot concept' of your Linux-Distribution. if you
have 'insserv', their are helpfull tipps in `man insserv`. You will find
something about the 'boot concept in `man init.d`

--
Holger de Wall
LKV-SH, Steenbeker Weg 151, Kiel 24106