I'm trying to get remote debugging working in tomcat 5 to help debug my servlets, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I start catalina with jpda start which starts the logging to localhost:8000 which I can verify as netbeans allows me to connect to it successfully. Problem is I see no logging output ...

Do I need special logging calls within my code or should System.out, System.err and tracebacks just be appearing?

Thanks,
Darren