Do you mean to say that it doesn't happen when NOT using Ant?

Just wondering. Not too much to add.

I'm assuming this is the JDBC driver's inability to handle the streaming
for Blobs.

What database and driver are you using? I could try it with Postgres 7.4.1
in the near future.

I don't really know anything about Blobs, so take what I say with a grain
of salt :)

Oscar