Probably a flake in the Oracle driver. Check you are using the latest
one.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Short [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 4:18 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Yet another OT question.

It seems like a slow day on the list so, thought I'd throw my issue out
there.

I'm working with Tomcat 4.1.0, Oracle 8.1.7 and JDBC 1.2.  It seems that
the
JDBC executeUpdate() method doesn't raise an exception when I pass an
incorrect SQL statement.  It returns 0 rows, but no exception.  Anyone
seen
this before?