Rodrigo Ruiz schrieb:

Hi all, is there any way to get a stack trace of a given thread?

I want to obtain a full thread stack dump from a JSP, just like the one obtained via kill -QUIT, but I do not find any method in the Thread class that could be used to get this information.

I seem to recall that some code was posted some time ago in this list, but I have not found it in the archives. Any ideas?

PS: What I really want to do is a tool for detecting deadlocks via thread dump analysis :-)

Create an exception within that thread, and write it's stack dump via a StringWriter into a String

Thomas