yup, but the app developers say they will address this issue at a future point.

Pete.

Rob Augustinus wrote:

does it fail because of placing objects in the session which lack the Serializable interface?

Pete Stokes wrote:

David,

Problem with using the Tomcat 5 session replication, this 3rd party app cannot be clustered that way, it fails. Therefore my only choice is sticky sessions.

Pete.

David Rees wrote:

Pete Stokes wrote, On 2/3/2004 8:09 AM:
 > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 >> For redundancy in apache the following options are open to you :
 >> 1) Use a http sprayer in front of the apache webservers
 >> 2) Use a load balancing software such as Stonebeat Webcluster
 >> 3) Manual failover. This is where you have two instances of apache
 >> configured and running using the same ip, but only have one of the
 >> "up". When your primary node fails down its interface and up the
 >> secondary.

For point 3, I'd assume that all users would then lose their sessions? I'd be after sticky sessions, so I guess I'd need memory-memory replication between the two apache's, is this possible?

If you're clustering multiple Tomcats instances with replicated sessions on different machines behind multiple Apache instances on different machines, if one of the Apache instances dies you won't lose any sessions as your Tomcat instances have not been affected.

With TC 5, you don't even need to use sticky sessions if you're using session replication, but I would recommend it anyway.

-Dave

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

*********************************************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses. *********************************************************************************** For any information on the Quinn Group of Companies please visit :-

http://www.quinn-group.com