From: Vitor Buitoni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 February 2004 11:19
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Installing Tomcat 5 from JPackage

To be able to install tomcat rpm package, you must install a lot of other packages that tomcat depends on, first.
I already did this once, and for me it was very time consuming and it wasn't easy at all. This is because JPackager can't provide some packages as binary packages, because of copyright restrictions. So you have to download the "nosrc" rpm from jpackage, download the source code from the software site (e.g. java.sun.com) and build the rpm from the scratch. Then you can install this rpm.
The whole process might be very painful, at least for me it was, since i had to learn something about the rpm creation process. :-)

So, the REAL question is :
- Does anybody know the advantage of installing a tomcat rpm package??

Joe Tseng wrote:

I recently installed Fedore Core 1 and was advised to install Tomcat 5

from JPackage using yum. When I tried to install to do this I got an

error like this:

Resolving dependencies
...identicla dependency loop exceeded
package tomcat5 needs jaas (not provided)
package tomcat5 needs jaf >= 0:1.0.1 (not provided)
package tomcat5 needs javamail >= 0:1.3 (not provided)
package
[snip]

Any useful assistance in helping out a noob with installation is

appreciated.

________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs.

Note:__________________________________________________________________
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
service is powered by MessageLabs.

--

*Vitor Buitoni* /Programador - APC/

*DÍGITRO TECNOLOGIA*
*E-mail:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*Fone:* (0xx48) 281-7314 / (0xx48) 281-7000
*Fax:* (0xx48) 281-7000
*Site:* www.portaldigitro.com.br <http://www.portaldigitro.com.br>